Monday, October 1, 2012

The End?

Now that we have finished the book, many of us are still talking about it. I am even getting lots of students who want to re-read the book coming into the library to check Wonder out. Many teachers have asked to keep their copy of Wonder longer to allow them to share it with a friend or family member.

It seems that our school-wide read aloud of Wonder has touched many of us in ways we may not have expected.

Please use leave a comment telling us what you think about our school-wide read aloud of Wonder.
Did you enjoy the shared experience of reading this book each morning together with your classmates and teachers? What was the best part? Do you think we should do another read-aloud with a different book?



4 comments:

  1. I thought it was a brilliant idea to do a school-wide read aloud using Wonder. I have heard so many people, kids and adults, have told me how much they've enjoyed the reading. I think we should take some time off so that people can read their own books, but I think we should read another book soon. There are so many choices. Mrs. Taz just KNOWS the perfect books for us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder was a great choice for our school! Way to go Mrs. Taz. It was a great read and it goes along with our OLWEUS intervention. Another school-wide read aloud would be awesome! It helps too, when you can make personal connections as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't sure, at first, that I would like this book.........but was I ever wrong!!! I absolutely LOVED it!!! So many life lessons were presented and the characters were believable and sympathetic. This book touched me in so many different ways and I know that many students have been touched by it, as well. Thank you for the opportunity to read and "live" such a wonderful story! Kristi Sommer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the read a loud was a great idea. My students would get so wrapped up in the book that they didn't like it when the reader stopped for the day! I enjoyed it as much as they did and would like to see us do another one if possible.
    Sandra Strom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! Please remember to include your first name and last initial only. Please do not use your whole last name.