Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Musical References in Wonder

Natalie Merchant's "Wonder"
Christina Aguilera "Beautiful"
David Bowie "Space Oddity"
Annie Lennox "Beautiful Child"

This book is full of musical references.I love music. When I read Wonder for the first time I looked up all the lyrics in every single song mentioned in the book. It made the book even better for me. One of the songs mentioned in the book has become my new favorite song. Since this song is featured at the end of the book, I won't mention it yet.

What other songs would you include and why? Have the references to songs influenced your enjoyment of the book?

4 comments:

  1. I'm guessing..."Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love that song, but my FAVORITE is Light and Day by the Polyphonic Spree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that Beautiful was great for this book. "You're beautiful no matter what they say." This should make us all think about something within us that makes us a beautiful person. Who we are should not be based on outward appearance. Auggie was, by far, the best character in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved singing the references! I know that was everyone's favorite part, too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! Please remember to include your first name and last initial only. Please do not use your whole last name.